The latest LIFNano Therapeutics news, landmarks and events we will be attending.
LIFNano Over The Years/ Landmarks and News Archive
• In the news again!
We are honoured to have been awarded a major international nanomedicine award at the European Technology Platform on Nanomedicine Awards in Berlin. Read more here: Most Promising Nanomedicine Project.
• Welcome to Andrew Foxley!
We are very pleased to announce that Andrew has joined our Advisory Board, bringing significant expertise in drug development. Andrew is the Scientific & Project Management & Clinical Programme Director for AZD5363, Astra Zeneca, and the AZ Representative on the Experimental Medicine Expert Network of the ABPI. Read more in Andrew's LinkedIn profile.
Presenting, networking, building relationships...
Su Metcalfe will be presenting at three international conferences in the coming weeks:
ECTRIMS, Paris, 25-28 October
BIO-Europe, Berlin, 6-8 November
Boston Biotech - Europe CEO Conference, London, 14 November
• Mentioned in dispatches again!
LIFNanoRx is Highly Commended in the Biotech section of the Cambridge Independent Entrepreneurial Science and Technology Awards. Read more in the Cambridge Independent article.
• Great article highlighting our partnership with Yale University
Read more in the New Haven Register.
• Su Metcalfe interviewed by Matthew Gooding, Cambridge Business Magazine
A great summary of the LIFNanoRx story so far: Article from Cambridge Business Magazine, June 2017 Edition
• Su wins Business Weekly's Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2017
Su was selected from a shortlist of nine competitors to win the Business Weekly Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award for 2017. The award is sponsored by the Judge Business School in the University of Cambridge. See the Judge Business School website for more information.
Su will be speaking at two international conferences in March:
• Building Bridges in Medical Sciences. Cambridge UK, 10th March
• 8th International Congress: Nanotechnology in Biology and Medicine. Krems, Austria, 20-22 March
• Nanomedicine - how to accelerate translation from research to market
LIFNanoRx will be contributing expert advice on the subject of 'How to pitch' to the NanoMedNorth Breakfast Seminar in Stockholm, on 6th February.
• New CEO
We're delighted to welcome Olivier Jarry, our new Chief Executive Officer. Olivier has significant global experience and expertise in biopharma, biotechnologies, investment and strategy in the healthcare and digital health fields. Click here for more information about Olivier and the rest of our Management Team.
• New Chairman
After providing a much valued role in supporting LIFNanoRx's early start-up development, Mark Goodridge has now stepped down as Director and Chairman of the Board. LIFNanoRx has now become a major commercial enterprise and, as this new chapter in the company's story opens, we are delighted to welcome Florian Kemmerich as our new Chairman, linking LIFNano to a global network of expertise in taking new therapeutics to patients.
• LIFNanoRx is awarded £1 million to prepare for first-in-man clinical trials.
Through the Government's Innovation funding arm, "Innovate-UK", LIFNanoRx has been awarded one million pounds from the BioMedical Catalyst Competition. The awarded Project has been designed by LIFNanoRx to ensure efficient progress in bringing the value of LIF to patients with MS. Production of clinical-grade nanoparticles will parallel planning of an early trial in MS to start 2020/2021. The Project's team include clinical partner Gavin Giovannoni (London) who will lead the trials; the Government's specialist manufacturing Centre - CPI; and Pharmidex who complete the team, working to meet regulatory requirements prior to clinical use. The award - gained despite fierce competition - is evidence of the UK Government's recognition of NanoMedicine. Equally, the award is recognition of LIFNanoRx as a strong commercial enterprise with the ability to bring our innovative therapy to treat MS on global scale.
• Following the immensely valuable Pitch@Palace event last month, LIFNanoRx will be in Manchester on the 21st and 22nd of April for another great innovation forum: Business Rocks 2016. We're looking forward to rubbing shoulders with Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple, who will also be speaking at the event.
• Su Metcalfe presenting to The Duke of York, other distinguished guests, and other Biotech entrepreneurs at the Pitch@Palace event in February 2016. Thanks to the Duke of York for the opportunity to participate, and to the Judge Business School in the University of Cambridge for their amazing support.
• LIFNano Therapeutics is in receipt of a I-UK Smart Award for Proof of Concept: £100,000. This is matched by the Merck Serono GMSI 2014 award to Su Metcalfe £150,000 at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
• Both the Cambridge Judge Business School and Enterprise East are supporting LIF-Nano Therapeutics including through the University's Entrepreneurship Accelerate Program.